Simon's 2023 Summary 🚀
Simon, our co-founder, wrote a brilliant summary of 2023 on LinkedIn but we thought it was so good that it should be plastered here, so you can all see the impact you're making!
So dive in to Simon's 2023 Wrap Up..
2023 has been one to remember..
- Donated coffee to Fareshare South West & donated 367 breakfasts to school children across the UK through the Magic Breakfast Charity.
- Re certified as Carbon Negative coffee
- Did the South West locals proud as the official coffee of the Bristol Balloon Fiesta.
- Promoted fellow local B Corps during B Corp Month by shining a light on their offices with Sunny the Truck.
- Continued to make parkrunners up and down the South West feel amazing with our free De'Longhi hot coffees after their run.
- We have big news with Co-op to come in the New Year.. after a year of outperforming many of the established brands and driving massive category value.
- Launched into Morrisons in the South West with our Instant, Ground & Coffee Bags!
- Tripled our range in Booths Supermarket & tripled our rate of sale there.
- Launched the brand internationally with Spinneys in the UAE.
- Started supplying some very prestigious banks & offices across the UK.
🚀 Products 🚀
- Launched category-first innovation with our Lightly Caffeinated & Super Blend Instant Coffees because of customer feedback.
- Launched Loose Coffee Bags, with More Taste & Less Waste!
- Launched The World's Smallest Coffee Machine (your favourite teaspoon!) 🥄
- Switched to fully recyclable packaging for our Beans & Ground Coffee ♻️
- We've got an exciting pipeline of new products & packaging refreshes in the New Year.
- We launched True Coffee ice cream with local B Corp, Marshfield Farm!
- TrueStart is now used as an ingredient in 4 awesome products ranging from mushroom coffees to RTD Cocktails.. with more to come in 2024!
😃 Team 😃
- We grew the team from 3 to 5 & had some fantastic social events together. Welcome to the team Rachel & Jess! Thank you all for being a big part of this journey!
- India was promoted to Brand Manager after really putting TrueStart on the map this year! Huge congratulations 💥
- And Helena, my co-founder and wife, inspires me every day!
📈 Business 📈
- We've built this business by doing the right things (even when nobody is watching) and good things have happened. It's not been easy but we've doubled the size of the business and that's down to you, our customers!
It's incredibly difficult to wake up every day as a massive underdog in all aspects of business, but we are passionate fighters, on a mission to make people feel happier and healthier with TrueStart Coffee and show that there is a better way.
Every cup switched to TrueStart by you is another small step forward.
It's our ingrained core values, beliefs & relentless positive energy that drive us all forward. Together we are Team TrueStart and we aren't going anywhere! 💥
See you all in 2024 for another chapter of this wild rollercoaster,