When you buy a whipped cream packed, spiced, fruity latte with extra syrup... you aren't buying a coffee, you are indulging in a milkshake... a high sugar, dairy treat that might look good on Instagram but probably isn't doing you any favours for your health and wellbeing.
Coffee can be a magical elixir. It has been shown to help fight depression and make you happier, and there are several observational studies showing that coffee drinkers even live longer! As if you needed another reason to take another sip.
TrueStart is super clean coffee, hyper-selectively sourced for a stable caffeine content to make you feel amazing with no crash and no jitters. Did you know the caffeine in regular coffee varies loads? Well, not with TrueStart. You know you're going to feel great every time.
As well as the kick from our signature stable caffeine dose, our Barista Grade Instant Coffee is packed with naturally occurring antioxidants and minerals at higher levels than green & black teas - winner! These include;
- Cafestol – anti-inflammatory, memory booster
- Trigonelline – anti-bacterial, vitamin B3
- Chlorogenic Acid – metabolism & insulin booster § Melanoidins – anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial
- Quinine – antioxidant
- Caffeine – fat burner, energiser, focus improver § Hydrocinnamic Acid – neutralise free radicals
TrueStart Coffee also contains small amounts of these essential minerals:
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin E
Good for mind, body and soul
Caffeine can be great if you're having it from a natural source (like super clean coffee!) and not overdosing. Here are 15 fascinating facts about what caffeine can do for you!
- In Japan, researchers have shown that caffeine increases memory. Also, a newer study out of Johns Hopkins University showed that caffeine helped boost memory consolidation.
- Caffeine mixed with carbs helps your muscles recover faster after exercise, by increasing the speed at which they replenish their glycogen levels!
- Caffeine can stimulate hair growth for balding men and women.
- Caffeine relieves post-workout muscle pain by up to 48%.
- Caffeine may protect against Parkinson’s disease. Research shows that those who consume coffee are at less risk of developing Parkison’s disease and it even reduces the risk of those genetically more likely to develop the condition. Here’s the study.
- Caffeine may help ward off Alzheimer’s.
- Caffeine increases stamina during exercise by mobilising your fat stores so your body isn't solely reliant on your carb stores for energy. You effectively get two engines rather than one!
- Caffeine through coffee may protect against eyelid spasm.
- Caffeine may reduce fatty liver in those with non-alcohol related fatty liver disease. Check out this study from Duke University.
- Caffeine improves reaction time and logical reasoning during times when sleep isn’t possible or restricted. See the study here.
- Caffeine helps those with asthma. A study published in the U.S. National Library of Medicine concluded that caffeine seems to open airways and help asthmatics breathe easier similarly to theophylline, a drug currently used and one that’s a close cousin to caffeine.
- Caffeine is good for the heart. A study out of Germany found that the amount of caffeine typically in 4 cups of coffee daily helps strengthen heart muscle cell function and prolongs the life of heart muscle cells.
What about mycotoxins?
Mycotoxins are naturally occurring toxins produced by certain moulds (fungi) and can be found in food. It's interesting to know that these moulds grow on a variety of different crops and foodstuffs including cereals, nuts, spices, dried fruits, apples and coffee beans, often under warm and humid conditions.
At TrueStart, mycotoxin levels are something that we proactively measure as part of our hyper-selective sourcing and production process. Not all coffees do this! We have very strict quality control processes and as part of our internal procedures, we run analysis to measure the Ochratoxin A (OTA) to make sure we exceed EU requirements.
TrueStart Coffee consistently contains less than 6.0ppb as per our certifications which is incredibly low. An average person would have to drink a whopping 7 million cups of TrueStart to reach the proven 'intolerable' level of mycotoxins!! Despite increasing consumer awareness, it is very rare for coffee companies to publish their mycotoxin levels publicly, but we do it because have nothing to hide.
Talk to me about Cold Brew
By brewing our premium roasted coffee in cold, purified water overnight, we retain the natural health-boosting properties of the coffee, that can be lost when coffee is brewed with boiling water. What's more is the taste of cold brew is smoother, lighter and less bitter than hot coffee, so you don't need to add milk or sugar. Win, win!
All TrueStart products contain no sugar or calories and are vegan and 100% natural. They're great for intermittent fasting and a keto diet, which we can personally say has helped us boost energy levels and overall wellbeing.
What's not to love...